Ensure peace of mind for your business and your customers with verified co-packing you can trust.
CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) Certification
The CFIA is the enforcement arm of Health Canada, and it is their mission to “safeguard food, animals and plants, which enhances the health and well-being of Canada's people, environment and economy”. Our co-packing facilities are licensed by the CFIA and comply with Canada’s regulations.
SQFI (Safe Quality Food Institute)
The SQF standard is a voluntary food-safety and quality standard. It is a GFSI bench-marked standard and includes HACCP and GMPL, among other components. This certification holds Rootree’s co-packing services to the highest food safety standards so that our clients can be confident in our processes and facilities. We take great pride in maintaining an “Excellent” score in our Level 2 certification.
- GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative)
- GFSI is a global benchmark for developing food safety management systems to ensure food facilities are processing safe food for consumers. The GFSI is a private organization that oversees and approves different auditing platforms to meet their criteria. This criterion provides a universal gold standard of recognition to specific food safety audits. In practice, this means that a food processor or manufacturer can point to their GFSI certification and effectively and immediately show their customers and potential customers that their plant is operating with a structured, comprehensive, and effective food safety program. Some of the other well-known GFSI benchmarked standards are BRCGS, IFS, and FSSC 22000.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points)
- HACCP is a management system in which food safety is addressed through analysis and control of biological, chemical, and physical hazards from raw material production, procurement and handling, manufacturing, distribution, and consumption of the finished product. HACCP is a key component of our SQF program.
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) help to ensure the consistent quality and safety of products by focusing attention on five key elements referred to as the 5 P's of GMP—people, premises, processes, products, and procedures.
EcoCert is an international certification network, covering numerous standards across the globe in the Organic and Sustainable sector. We use EcoCert Organic certification to cover Canada Organic, USDA Organic, and European Organic. We have options to help small brands bring certified organic products to market by adding them to our license, or we can link to your existing certification.
The Orthodox Union (OU) Kosher certification assures that a product follows all Jewish Law requirements, from its ingredients to production to handling. Our co-packing services are Kosher Certified, so we are fully compatible with suppliers and customers who are also certified.
Halal is an Arabic term that means permissible or allowed. According to the dietary rules of Islam, halal refers to the foods that are fit for consumption within the Islamic religion. The Halal Certification verifies that we have procedures in place to handle Halal products appropriately. This certification provides halal brands with the assurance that the halal food status has not been altered during co-packing and the term is accurately used.